1. Okay so this first one might sound weird, but trust me! The best primer you can get at the drugstore is actually a man's shaving balm. Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm is the best primer I have ever used. A Dutch makeup guru from YouTube, Nikkie de Jager, is credited with discovering this hack. Apply the balm just as you would any other primer and let it sit for about 20 seconds until it feels tacky on the skin. Apply your foundation right on top and have it last all day long! The best part is, that you can get this product for less than $ 5.00 at Target.
2. I believe L'Oreal has the best foundations at the drugstore. For someone with dry skin or someone who just wants a dewy finish, TRUE MATCH ™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup is amazing. If you're skin type oilier or you like a matte finish, you'll love the INFALLIBLE® Pro-Matte Foundation. The best assets of these are their prices! Both are under $ 13.00 and can be found at Walgreens, Target or Walmart.
3. For concealer, Maybelline's FIT ME® CONCEALER is a winner. It is a dupe for YVES SAINT LAURENT TOUCHE ECLAT Radiance Perfecting Pen which costs a whopping $ 42.00 compared to the Maybelline's concealer priced at $ 6.49.
4. For contouring and highlighting, Nyx has a few products that are perfect and have dual purposes. If you prefer a cream application grab the NYX WONDER STICK. For powder you can not go wrong with their HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR PRO PALETTE. Both of these affordable at $ 25.00 for the palette and $ 12.00 for the stick.
5. To get a blinding highlight, head to colourpop and grab one of their Super Shock Highlighter's. As of right now, Colorpop is only available online, however their products are super affordable and worth it. This highlight is only $ 8.00!
6. One of Sephora's best sellers for blush is NARS blush in Orgasm and for good reason it's beautiful! However, it's priced at $ 30.00. If you're racing for the same beautiful, shimmery, peachy-pink shade than head to Walgreens or CVS instead. Milani Cosmetics makes a beautiful dupe called Luminoso. It applies flawlessly and is only $ 8.00!
7. For eyeshadow, I suggest investing in a versatile palette that will last a long time. Morphe has many 35 shadow palettes. All palettes are priced at a nice $ 23.00. That's just over a dollar per shadow! The infamous Urban Decay Naked palettes, are priced at a steep $ 54 per palette which equates to $ 4.50 per shadow. Morphe palettes are great quality and have easy blend-ability.
8. Next is the cheapest item on this entire list. Jordana Easyliner for Lips Retractable Pencil are great liners. They're long-lying and come in 8 different colors. They're only $ 2.49 a piece! Additionally, on Walgreens.com right now, they are buying one get 50% off! You can own the whole line for $ 15.00, that's less than one KAT VON D Everlasting Lip Liner
9. Another product that Colorpop makes that is amazing and affordable is their Ultra Matte Lips.They're long lasting and comfortable on the lips.
10. Having a good set of makeup brushes is more important than usually perceived. If the brush is not any good than the product, good or not, will apply poorly. I have 2 options for affordable brushes. The first ones are the Real Techniques kits. They have different face and eye kits as well as their own beauty sponges. Prices range from $ 5.99 to $ 19.99. The second option is probably my favorite. Morphe cosmetics has collaborated with Liveglam and created their own subscription box. For only $ 20.00 a month, you will get 3-8 brushes, worth at least $ 30.00. It's an effortless way to build your collection.